Maersk Group - A.P. Møller Mærsk
Application/Solution Architect for Logistics Network Optimisation
Join us as our next application or solution architect in Maersk Line IT, where we are responsible for the delivery and implementation of IT-based business projects from A to Z.
As a solution architect you are at the center of activities, responsible for defining new solutions to identified business requirements.
As a solution architect you will focus on defining the interaction between applications systems in the overall Operations IT landscape. As an application architect you will focus on designing ensuring the architectural integrity of key applications in the landscape. In both cases, you will be at the center of defining new solutions to requirements identified in the business for the biggest
container shipping company in the world.
In Maersk Line IT we strive to deliver value to the Maersk Line business, by being best in class in the execution and leadership of our projects.
You will be involved in the delivery of solutions underpinning the Operations planning and management of our worldwide fleet.
We are currently forming a team to work with optimization of our transportation network and are looking for a talented solution architect to be part of defining and implementing the future solution.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India.
The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
The MLIT Operations vertical organization currently has about over 1350 employees across the world, with most of our team concentrated in Copenhagen and Algeciras in Spain.
Created only about 3 years ago to support the liner shipping operations business function, we are in close contact with our business counterparts within the operations function to improve together the way we operate our vessels and how we transport
millions of move containers worldwide each year.
• Participation in the end to end solution process design together with the business team
• Documentation and design of interfaces between key systems within the solution and review of designs from relevant project teams
• Assessing existing and design future application landscape within the area
• Gathering functional & technical requirements for solution and system interfaces, advising on trade-offs prior to final solution specification
• Review of vendor proposals/RFP responses
• Providing recommendations to the business on solutions, taking into account any cross-functional impact
• Reviewing and approving UAT scenarios and training materials
• Reviewing testing approach and materials to ensure business requirements are met
• Reviewing training activities in connection with application roll-out
• Interaction with infrastructure teams to size platform and support provisioning of hosting/hardware
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have solid experience from positions like Business Analyst, Developer, Technical Analyst or Application architecture roles.
You have extensive Solution Delivery experience and some stakeholder management.
You drive the process of working with the business to understand new business requirements and translate them into detailed functional requirements in the application development process.
You have a strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail together with an analytical mindset.
You possess excellent communications skills - ensuring high level of communication with key stakeholders and internal team members.
You are a resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment and thrive in an international environment.
Last application date: 30 June 2017.